Location: Evergreen Community Spaces - 1709 8th Avenue SE
Who should attend: Front Line staff and Supervisors from agencies and programs serving pregnant women and families with newborns
Cost (lunch provided): $179.00
Registration will open on Tuesday, March 27, 2018
This symposium is designed to better inform and equip professionals serving pregnant women and new parents struggling with depression and anxiety.
Join us to learn about:
· Breaking through the barriers of stigma and fear to address mental health needs during pregnancy and postpartum
· Bridging community supports for families through a greater awareness of resources
· Supporting the father in the postpartum depression experience as caregiver or client
· Keeping baby safe during vulnerable parent mental health situations
· Using body awareness and breathing strategies to support staff and client wellness and alleviate the physical responses to stress and anxiety
Presenters And Topics
Dr. Benjamin Rosen - Keynote Speaker - May 10th
Dr. Benjamin Rosen is a psychiatrist and assistant professor specializing in Fathers and Men’s Mental Health at Sinai Health System in Toronto. Dr. Rosen is collaborating with another psychiatrist, Dr. Andrew Howlett, to build Canada’s first academic men’s mental health program. Dr. Rosen's research interests relate to Fathers’ Mental Health and increasing access to psychological services for men. Dr. Rosen is a co-founder of the Fathers’ Mental Health Network: a network of clinicians, researchers, educators and fathers that aims to generate knowledge, research and solutions that support men in their role as fathers.
For more information, contact Lisa Barton: 403 205 5195