A camp for the whole family who live with and communicate using speech generating communication devices or AAC, for children and youth 6-19 years.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication Camp in Alberta is a
3-day overnight camp specializing in increasing the communication abilities and socialization skills of children and teens who are augmentative communication users. Camp activities include games, arts and crafts, music, drama, and more!
Activities are designed to:
- Enhance campers' social communication skills
- Provide opportunities for campers to communicate and build friendships with each other
- Offer training and networking opportunities for parents and siblings
Inspired by a similar camp – AAC Camp Idaho – delivered since 2006.
ugmentative and Alternative Communication Camp Alberta (AAC Camp)
3-day overnight camp
ull Lake Centre, 28116 RR3, Lacombe, Alberta
riday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30, 2017
hildren and youth 6 - 19 years old who use alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) devices, and their families
* Campers must own a speech-generating device to participate.
AAC Camp Alberta provides a recreational camp experience where:
- Campers learn to use their devices
- Counselors learn how to support and communicate with campers who use AAC
- Activities delivered at camp transfer to home/school
- Families and care partners learn as well
- Fees cover:
- full cost of meals
- MODC administrative costs for 3 days, 2 nights
- Early Bird Full Fee (if paid before March 31) is $400 and covers one camper using AAC and up to two family members (3 people in total).
- Early Bird Fee for additional family members (above the 2 covered in the full fee) is $110 per person if paid before March 31, 2017.
- Donor-subsidized Early Bird Fee is $370 if paid before March 31, 2017 and is available for those that qualify. Please see application for details.
- Regular Full Fee is $470 and covers one camper using AAC and up to two family members (3 people in total).
- Regular Fee for additional family members (above the 2 covered in the full fee) is $125 per person.
- Donor-subsidized Regular Fee is $400 is available for those that qualify. Please see application for details.
Registration for AAC Camp Alberta
* Early Bird Application Deadline is Friday, March 31, 2017
** All Applications need to be in by Friday, May 5, 2017
The camp is delivered through the collaborative efforts of:
- University of Alberta, Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Representatives from AAC Camp Idaho
- Parent champions
For more information please contact:
March of Dimes Canada