Tuesday, March 28 - Thursday, March 30
Alberta Teachers Association (Barnett House)11010-142 StreetEdmonton AB
Time: 9:00-4:00 pm
Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting
offered by Alberta Home Visitation Network Association. (AHVNA)
This innovative and empowering approach to child discipline was developed by Joan Durrant Ph.D. (University of Manitoba) for Save the Children Sweden in 2007. It is relevant to all parents of children from infancy to adolescence. Early research indicates a significant positive change in parental beliefs and knowledge, attitudes toward punishment, and increased sense of parenting competence. An ongoing research agenda is underway. This training presents the opportunity to be an active participant in this promising program. Positive discipline is:
- Based on child development principles
Note: This program can be delivered to parents in groups or on an individual basis.
Ideally, participants will:
- Have completed a Positive Discipline for Everyday parenting program
- Work with parents/caregivers as part of their employment position
- Have completed post-secondary education in a related field
- Support the idea of ending physical and emotional punishment of children
- Be knowledgeable about child development and adult learning
- Be skilled and experienced in group facilitation
- Be able to run a Positive Discipline for Everyday parenting (PDEP) group within 6 months of the training.
Registration fee includes:
- Three days of facilitator training by Leslie Barker, Positive Discipline Master Trainer
- One copy of the parent’s book, facilitators manual and workbook, PowerPoint training slides
- Pre-registration is required – no registrations will be accepted at the door.
You will receive an email confirmation of your registration with the receipt.
A participant profile form will be sent to you and once completed please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Tuesday, March 28, Wednesday, March 29 & Thursday March 30, 2017 (register by March17, 2017) Attendance at all three days is required to receive certificate.
Time: 9:00-4:00 pm.
Location: Alberta teachers Association, 11010-142 Street, Edmonton AB
AHVNA Member: $250.00 (lunch not included)
Non Member: $350.00 (lunch not included)
AHVNA Member: $250
Non Member: $350
Advance registration is required for all participants.
For more information or to register contact the AHVNA office
9321 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton AB T5H 3T7
Payment: We accept payment by credit, cash or cheque.
Please make cheques payable to:
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
Payments may be dropped off at the office or mailed to the address listed above prior to the workshop date. Receipts will be issued after the workshop.
We encourage you to send a substitute if you are unable to attend the workshop, as there is a NO SHOW charge for all absent registrants (as we will have made arrangements for food, etc). Cancellations need to be made ONE WEEK prior to the workshop date. Registration fees are non-refundable. Should a workshop not reach its minimum registration requirement, it will be cancelled ONE WEEK prior to the workshop commencement date. Registrants will be informed by email or telephone, and registration fees will be refunded.